Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Thank goodness it's Monday....

 


When I was working Mondays were not often looked forward to unless it was a long weekend and Monday was a holiday. Now being retired Mondays have a new meaning and one of the things I look forward to is the ICWC medium speed (MST) CW 1-hour contest. The times for mini test here in Atlantic Canada are 9-10 am and 3-4 pm local time. 


In the mornings I hug my mug of coffee, warm up the room and get the radio and PC up and running. Most of the time in the morning event I search and pounce for a time to get my head into the CW game. I enjoy the company and the speed is maxed at 25wmp. Not to worry if you are considerably slower as the op's will tone down the speed to match. It's one of the ways Mondays are more of a joy....a cup of java and a radio.

2 comments:

MadDogMcQ said...

You lucky, lucky guy, lol.
I'm still on the "Thank goodness it's Friday"!

73, Tom, M7MCQ
www.m7mcq.com

VE9KK said...

Good morning Tom and always nice to hear from you. I will be the first to admit that I am so thankful I was able to retire. You will never hear from me any complaining at all. I was done working at 59 and never looked back. I too can remember the TGIF feeling and how some weeks seem to drag while other flew past.
73,
Mike
VE9KK