Friday, December 8, 2023

A couple of ATNO for me

 

 This past Sunday I was cruzing the bands for some POTA stations and on 10m I came across a pileup and stuck around to see what it was all about. It was 7Q6M in Malawi Africa calling "CQ UP". I flipped the Icom 7610 into split and Dual Watch (Dual Watch meaning turned on the independent sub receiver). There was a large gathering at the watering hole and I took some time to listen to see how 7Q6M was working the pileup. I dropped my call a few times and then I heard them come back to me and I was in the log. 

I then a few days later logged TO9W in St Martin, now they are pretty much local to me BUT they are an ATNO and it only took the first call to get them in the log. This coming weekend is the ARRL 10m contest and I will be up and running in that in the low-power CW category. Hey if you are an SSB aficionado you also can take advantage of the 10m DX. I found that last year the DX was on early mornings then after about noon hour it was North America.

3 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

I will be listening for you Mike. Probabely on Sunday. Have less time for the contest on Saturday. Will do mixed phone/cw. Good luck! 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Oh sry, I also wanted to congratulate you with the two atno. I would like to work TO9W on 6m, but so far no luck. 73, Bas

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bas, thanks for the congrats and keep trying T09W and you will get him in the log sooner or later. Hope to log you in the ARRL 10m contests.
73,
Mike
VE9KK