Friday, August 25, 2023

Blogger issue solved I can now add followers.

Here are the steps I followed

 

Way back on August 15, I asked my readers a question regarding my blog not being able to add new blogs to follow. From the comments, some had the same issue as well when trying to add a new blog to follow. My blog is also re-posted on Amateurradio.com and on this site, Rick KE6LL wondered if somehow the blog was limited to how my blogs I could follow. I have seen other Blogger blogs that did have more followed blogs than me and it got me thinking about his question. 

To make a long story short I was able to fix the issue and here is what I did:
1. I signed into my blog and on the sidebar I clicked on "Theme"


2. I clicked on customize and selected "Edit HTML"


3. In the top left corner I selected the first icon with 3 squares and a diamond. Put your mouse over it and it reads "Jump to Widget" and click on it.

Jump to widget icon


4. In the list you have "blog list 1" and "blog list 2" You may just have blog list one but I have one and two. 


5. I clicked on blog list one and the HTML came to life for that widget. Now look for "<b:widget-setting name='numItemsToShow'>10</b:widget-setting>" It should be very close to the top. Notice the number shown in on this line. If it is 5 change it to 10 which I did not have to do as it was already 10. If you do have to change it then click on the floppy disk icon in the top right corner to save the changes. 


6. Now click the Jump widget again and go to blog list two and in the HTML look for the same HTML code. In my case, this read 5 and not 10. I changed it to 15. "<b:widget-setting name='numItemsToShow'>15</b:widget-setting>" Then click the same floppy icon and sign out of your blog and sign back in again.
I then tried to add a new blog to my blog roll and I had no issues in doing so. I did at first change it to 10 and tried it and things worked so I went back in and tried 15 and all was still good so I stayed with 15.

Now a word of caution...BEFORE YOU BEGIN SAVE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR PRESENT BLOG. As we all know if things can go wrong they will play things on the safe side. 


Rick KE6LL thanks very much for getting me thinking in the right direction.

HTML changed to 15


No comments: