Friday, June 9, 2023

Interesting occurrence.

 We have had our share of rain over the past 8 days as we are in the middle of a low-pressure system that has stalled out over the Maritimes. This low-pressure system brings cooler temperatures and rain. The upside is the wildfire smoke here is non-existent. We see the results on CNN of the wildfire smoke that is blanketing the central and eastern U.S.



On another note, a funny thing happened today while I was doing my daily CW contesting practice with the G4FON software. It sent me my call sign....I took a double take thinking that call sounds familiar. Then I realized because it was my own. The first time this ever happened. Oh well, it's a way to spend just another rainy day but Saturday we are told the sun will be peeking out from the clouds.  Also, I am hearing the wildfire smoke will subside over the U.S. as well.

No comments: