Thursday, November 24, 2022

CQ WW CW DX contest this weekend!


 

 This weekend the bands will be alive with CW for the CQ WW CW DX contest. If you are not a contester this still is a great weekend to grab some DXCCs for your log book towards an award. If you are a CW contester then hold on and enjoy. Today I spent some time making sure the Hustler 4BTV vertical was ok, updated my contesting software N1MM+, ran a check on the macros and made sure the trusty Icom 7610 and the 9AN5 touch keyer are ready to go. I am hoping Murphy will stay far away this weekend and allow me to enjoy the music of morse!

7 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Mike, wish you a very good CW contest. I think I will do some DXCC hunting in the contest and might be trying to have a QSO with you, that would be fun. 73, Bas

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bas and happy Friday to you, it would be a great time to hunt for the needed DXCC. Turn on your spotting network and go hunting!
73,
Mike
VE9KK

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Well, I heard you well at 15:04 UTC on 14.012.5. But unfortunately you were not able to pick up my call. You almost got it. I'll try later or tomorrow. 73, Bas

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Yes, I was lucky....worked you after all. First contact in this contest hi :-) Tnx Mike, 73, Bas

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bas, very nice to hear from you both now and on the air. The funny thing is the first time your signal was in around S2 and I did get PE4..and I thought "is this Bas?" I have done this in the past thinking it was someone and then I read the code according to what I am thinking and not hearing. I left it at just PE4 and thought conditions will improve and you will be back. The next time S5 and no real issue get you in the log. Once I knew it was you I sent "TU Bas 73". Thanks for the contact.
73,
Mike
VE9KK

PE4BAS, Bas said...

And again Mike, tnx contact on 15m. You came in strong S5-6 R5 but right at the contact signals went down in the QSB. I noticed you have an excellent receive, that's for shure. I think you did well in the contest...I keep an eye on RBN and you're heard everywere. 73, Bas

VE9KK said...

Hello Bas it was great to hear you again in the contest. I was very pleased with how the Hustler 4BTV antenna worked. The Icom 7610 makes digging stations out of the noise floor very easy.
Have a great week.
73,
Mike
VE9KK