Thursday, September 17, 2026

Seek and you shall find.

 


If you’ve been visiting my blog, you might have noticed that my sidebar "Blogs I follow"  list has stopped updating with the most recent posts. I have been doing some reading and checking with other Blogger who use Blogger and they has the same issue. It seems to be an issue at Bloggers end and they are very slow to fix it. 

I was getting very tired of seeing the blogs I follow just sit there without updating. It can be frustrating for those who visit my blog and like to read the blogs that I also follow. 

I finally took some time behind the scenes to revamp my sidebar widget! It turns out it is possible to fix those stuck Blogger posts I follow and get fresh feeds flowing again using a few layout tweaks. Along side AI's  help I was able to use the blogger HTML/JAVA widget to assemble some HTML coding that gets the job done. 

Now, whenever you visit, you can check out the sidebar to see the latest posts and active updates from the blogs I follow. It may not be as fancy as the Blogger widget but its now updating. Once blogger fixes the issue I can go back to the Blogger widget for following blogs as at this time it is just turned off. 

 

2 comments:

John AE5X said...

Good morning Mike - I noticed the problem a few days ago, checked your & Bas' site and saw the same problem. So what was the fix you implemented - can you copy/paste the coding here or is it too involved for that?

Thanks/73,
John AE5X

VE9KK said...

Good morning John just finished a post that has all the details in it. Let me know if you have any issues.
Mike
VE9KK