Thursday, November 23, 2023

Chances like this only come now and then..........

The bands will come alive

 

This weekend is the running of the CQ World Wide DX CW contest that runs for the entire weekend. Now those of you who are not into contesting then it's off the SSB portion, digi portion or the WARC band. But you don't have to be a contesting nut like me to be excited about this contest. This is a chance to find and make contact with some very decent DX. It will give you a chance to line your DXCC pockets, work all states award, work all zones award, place your rig in QRP or QRPp power and see how many miles per watt you can do and the list goes on. Not too great at CW you say, well there are some very decent code reader software out there that also send code as well. Chances like this only come now and then.


As for me I am going to be for the weekend and hope to do well and have a lot of fun while I am at it. Cheers and have a good weekend for those in the U.S. Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Mike, I have a lot of things to do this weekend besides the hobby. So the only thing I will do is hunting DX in this contest. Probably try to work you again, which is always fun. Besides that I'm really interested in working Wallis & Futuna Islands FW5N. That would be a new one for me. 73, Bas

MadDogMcQ said...

Good luck to you and Bas this weekend!

73, Tom, M7MCQ

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bas, yes I read your post this morning about trying to look nad get FW5N in the books. I hope you are able to get your goal. Yes it would also be great to hear you in there again this year and get you in the log.
73,
Mike
VE9KK

VE9KK said...

Good morning Tom and very nice to hear from you. Thanks for the wishes and we will see how we do.
73,
Mike
VE9KK