Tuesday, May 23, 2023

CQ WW WPX CW contest!

 

 This coming weekend is a long weekend for our American friends as well as it is the yearly running of the CQ WW WPX CW contest weekend. If you are into CW contesting this is one of the big ones to get involved in. As for me, I am hoping for a nice rainy weekend as this will keep me in the operating chair longer. Last year I used my EndFed antenna for this contest as I had the Hustler 4BTV but it was not as of yet installed. 

Now I am curious to see how I do with the Hustler 4BTV compared to my EndFed antenna. I try to keep my CW contesting pencil sharp by taking part in the weekly 1-hour medium speed contests which max's out at 25 wpm and the CWops weekly CWT's which plain and simply just max's out! I also have daily practice with 2 contest simulation programs G4FON and Morse Runner.

 CW is my thing and contesting is my thing, so for me this coming weekend I will be doing my thing.

2 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Hello Mike, I wish you a very good CW contest. Unfortunately I personally have other things to do. That includes a radio rally and besides that it will be very sunny weather this weekend. So I don't think I will participate this year. 73, Bas

VE9KK said...

Good morning Bas very nice to hear from you, yes the spring sure is a hard time of the year to be at the operating desk for a contest. This is one reason I am hoping for a rainy weekend.
73
Mike
VE9KK